- Who are you?
- How exactly does the service work?
- What trails do you ship to?
- What products do you offer?
- What if you don’t have a product I want?
- How much does the service cost?
- What am I paying for?
- What shipping method do you use?
- What if I have specific items I already own and want to include in my resupply shipments?
- How do I submit an Order?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How do coupon codes work?
Who are you?
Hello, my name is Spencer. I’m a hiker originally from California but now living in Oregon. The short version is that I’ve worked in the outdoor industry for a few years and ran into a lot of people with resupply questions. I created Trail Supply Co. to be an awesome resource for all long-distance hikers. We have a free resource for all hikers to plan and visualize their entire resupply strategy. We also have a paid resupply service for hikers looking for the convenience of having someone else assemble store and ship their boxes for them. Want to know more about the service? See the next FAQ:
How exactly does the service work?
Here’s the simple version:
Use our resupply planning application to plan out your entire resupply strategy.
- Tell us exactly what you want in each resupply box and when and where you want them to arrive.
- Pay for everything beforehand and we’ll pack, store and ship each of your resupply packages for you.
- As you’re hiking you can login to your account and make changes to future resupply shipments. Change whats arriving in your boxes and even edit when and where boxes get shipped to.
- If you’re unable to finish your hike you can cancel remaining resupply shipments and be refunded
What trails do you ship to?
In our resupply planning application, we have all of the resupply points built in for the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), Appalachian Trail (AT), John Muir Trail (JMT), and Pacific Northwest Trail (PNT). If you’d like to use Trail Supply Co. for another trail please let us know! We would love to work with you!
What products do you offer?
We have 400+ items in our product catalog currently. If you want to browse the catalog Click Here to navigate to the resupply planning application and you can see the items for yourself. We’ve tried to anticipate all the thru-hiking essentials by including a wide variety of food and gear items. Our goal is to be able to put anything into your resupply package that you would be able to include yourself. So if you don’t see one of your trail necessities let us know!
What if you don't have a product I want?
How much does the service cost?
Flat fee of $60 per box plus the cost of the items you choose to have in your resupply shipments.
What am I paying for?
- We take your list for each resupply shipment and purchase all of your items for you.
- We assemble all of your resupply packages for you to your exact specifications.
- We securely store your boxes and ensure they get shipped out on time.
- Flexibility to edit your resupply shipments from the trail. Think you might get tired of Clif Bars after your second resupply shipment? With Trail Supply Co. you can login to your account from the trail and change what’s arriving in future boxes.
- Insurance to cancel shipments. If you are unable to finish your hike for any reason you can cancel remaining resupply shipments and get a refund.
- Shipping Charges
- Access to the resupply planning application and our team to answer any of your questions.
What shipping method do you use?
Typically we use USPS. However, there are some resupply points that require alternate shipping methods be used. We’ll handle all of that–just tell us where and when you want your boxes to be delivered and we’ll handle the logistics.
What if I have specific items I already own and want to include in my resupply shipments?
No problem! Contact Us and we’ll send you a shipping label to ship us your items that you’d like included in your resupply shipment.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all credit cards and PayPal. We use a secure third part payment processor to process your transaction and do not store any of your credit card information.
How do I submit an order?
- Go to your Trip Overview
- Click the link in the green box below the list of your saved boxes
- Select the boxes you are ready to order
- Click the “Place Order” button
After you place your order an invoice will be emailed to you shortly with payment options
How do coupon codes work?
If you have a coupon code enter it on the final checkout page and the invoice that is emailed to you will reflect your discount.